A practice in London are recruiting a permanent veterinary nurse to join their busy team . This is a fantastic role for a nurse wishing to take the next step in their career and they will have the opportunity to coach fellow staff members. The practice encourages and supports special interests. They are looking for an RVN who will uphold practice protocols and standards across the board and support other members of staff. This well-established practice sees a wide variety of cases so there is room to develop your clinical skill set here.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 42 Hours 45 hours a week. 7 nights on 7 nights off
- Weekends: 7.30pm - 8.30am
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: None
- Team: Multi Vet and RVN Hospital with support staff
- State of the art facilities
- Forward thinking professional Practice
- Modern practice – bright and spacious with air conditioning
- Established practice with a large loyal client base
- Prides itself on providing a high standard of care
- Practice promotes nursing staff to develop their skill set
- Career development opportunities
- Varied caseloads each day
- Small dynamic close-knit team
- Car Park available on site
- You will be confident in all areas of general nursing
- You will be happy to work across consults, surgeries, procedures and wards.
- You must be enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated with a passion for animal welfare.
- You will be prepared to become a clinical coach.
- You will maintain practice standards and protocols across the board.
- You will be motivated to grow and develop your skill set and knowledge and confident in trying new techniques
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills are essentials to develop working relationships with clients and fellow staff members.
- You will work to a high standard of care
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- Hospitalisation facilities
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Cat and Dog Hospital Ward
- Salary: £18,000 - £28,000
- Holiday allowance: 25 Days Plus Bank Holiday
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: £500 2 days off
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Private healthcare
- 6 Month staff reviews
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Staff Discounts Available
- Scope for extra shifts if required.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.