A large mixed Animal practice based in Scotland is recruiting a permanent mixed animal veterinary surgeon to join their large team. This is a 2 branch practice which sees a variety of mixed cases from cattle, sheep, horses, cats, dogs, rabbits, to the ever increasing number of small mammals and exotic pets.
- Type: Mixed Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 2.30pm
- OOH: Yes
- Sole charge: Some
- Branch work: Yes
- Team: Multiple Vet and RVN team with support staff
- Multi Veterinary Surgeon and RVN practice
- Only practice in the area to provide their own OOH 24 HR cover
- Nurse training practice
- Certificate holding Vets
- Career progression is offered here
- Certificates are encouraged and supported
- Modern equipment and facilities with multiple operating theatres across the branches - X – ray, Laboratory and Ultrasound etc.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will need to be at least 2 -year post qualification
- You must be a team player with good communication skills
- You will have good general surgical skill
- Confident with consultations
- Confident with sole charge work
The practice has three state-of the-art veterinary clinics are fully equipped with medical and surgical facilities.
- Electrocautery and laser therapy
- X- Ray for Equine and Small Animal
- In House Laboratory with biochemistry haematology and electrolyte blood analysers
- Hospitalisation facilities – and areas with heated kennels
- Separate cat and dog areas
- Isolation facilities
- Salary: £35,000 – £55,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.