We are working with an independent veterinary practice in North Yorkshire who are currently recruiting for an ideally mixed veterinary surgeon to join them on a permanent basis. The role is split with 65% small animal work 20% farm animal work and 15% equine. Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience in practice however they would consider supporting a more recent graduate
- Hours – Mon – Fri: 8:30am until 6:30pm each day
- Weekend Rota/hours: 1 in 4 Weekends & 1 in 4 Saturday mornings
- OOH Rota/Hours: 1 in 4 weekday nights on call
- Time off in lieu: 1 afternoon off a week, 1 in 4 weekends are a 3-day weekend
- Branch work: 1 branch only, some travel required for farm clients
- Team: 3 Vets & 4 Nurses
A truly independent practice with a wide range of clients, you could be working with dogs & cats in the morning and calving a cow in the Dales in the afternoon. The practice is well equipped with the latest technology, from digital x-ray machines, to ultrasound with colour doppler, 3-meter video endoscopy, pulse oximeter, computer sided practice management system (with portable laptops) and much more. The team is made up of experience vets and a hard-working bunch of nurses.
The ideally candidate will have a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience in a mixed practice and have a desire to continue and develop with their career. You must have excellent communication skills and have a passion for providing excellent customer service. A driving license and your own vehicle is essential.
- Salary: £40,000-£55,000 per annum (depending on experienced)
- 29 days annual leave
- Accommodation allowance paid
- CPD allowance & encouraged
- Tax free mileage allowance
- Company mobile provided
- Home broadband paid for
- RCVS & BVNA membership paid
- Company pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and client care skills
- Mixed veterinary experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.