A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Medicine Veterinary Nurse, centred around a large state-of-the-art independent Veterinary Hospital in Derby with integrated referral and first opinion teams on a full time permanent basis, but flexible working hours are also welcome.
The Wards team is friendly, supportive and passionate about providing the highest standard of care to our in-patients. Each day is different and they are always expanding their knowledge and learning new skills. As well as your nursing colleagues you will be working alongside their referral and first opinion vets, interns, residents and kennel assistants.
- Hours: Mon – Fri: Shifts between: 7:30am – 7:00pm,
- Weekends: Based on an equally shared rota - Sat: 8:30am – 6:00pm, Sun: 8:30am – 6:00pm
- OOH: None
- Medicine is a busy and demanding discipline, yet challenging, exciting and rewarding.
- In this role you will work in various areas of the hospital, concentrating mainly in X-ray, ultrasound, CT and endoscopy.
- You will require a high level of skills to enable the best care for our patients who are often in need of intensive care in our ICU department.
- As a medicine nurse, you will play a diverse role from placing IV catheters, drug calculations/preparation, anaesthesia, and sedation monitoring during procedures, including CVT and endoscopy.
- Medicine is a friendly and supportive team. It is a busy discipline in which they all support each other’s physical and mental capacity ensuring they are getting the best out of each other.
- With medicine being so varied, there is always scope to progress and expand your knowledge. This is achieved by sharing practical skill opportunities i.e. placing central lines or anaesthesia of challenging case along with attending or presenting the occasional short presentation/CPD on chosen subjects.
- Cases can be discussed within the team and with the interns and residents.
- They strive to deliver world-class patient care and our fantastic facilities provide a superb care environment, including 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite, 3 ultrasound rooms, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills and dedicated chemo and radio-iodine treatment rooms define the setting.
- Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Finance, Customer Care, HR, Marketing and IT on site. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to their own first opinion vets.
- They are a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
- They have GE Vivid 7 cardiac ultrasound scanner. Hospital facilities include digital radiography, two GE abdominal ultrasound machines, C-Arm fluoroscopy, a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T MRI, five operating theatres.
Facilities / Services:
- MRI and CT Scanning
- Cancer treatment wards
- Digital Radiography
- 5 Large operating theatres
- Isolation ward
- Endoscopy suite
- And much more
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Minimum 1 year’s post grad experience
- Excellent communication skills
- £22,215 - £25,831 DOE
- Generous CPD allowance
- Regular internal CPD
- Regular morbidity and mortility rounds to improve patient outcomes
- Ongoing training in inpatient care
- Exposure to high level learning opportunities
- Pet Health Scheme
- Your birthday off work
- Increased holiday allowance with years service
- Death in service cover (4x salary)
- Practice focus on health and wellbeing
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas