A small animal practice in London seek a permanent lead veterinary surgeon to join their team. They require a confident vet with excellent diagnostic skills and confident with soft tissue surgery. As the vet would be leading the team it is vital that they have excellent communication skills and prior experience in a leadership role would be advantageous but not essential. They are responsible for moving the practice forward with the support of regional managers. The practice is one of 6 branch surgeries within the London area and boast an excellent reputation for patient and client care. The lead vet would work with the other lead vets in the other branches to ensure that the group is always performing and delivering the highest standard of care.
- Type: Full time 4 Days per week
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays
- Sole charge: Yes, when on call
- OOH: None
- Team: 1 Vet 2 RVN and support team
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Branch work: None
The well-established 6 Branch practice. They have a large loyal client base with an excellent reputation within the community. The practice where the lead vet will be working is well equipped as one would expect in a new practice with videoscopes, digital X- Ray, specialist radiologists and much more. The practice also has access to other branches with MRI, CT Imaging and OOH. The branch is located close to the tube station and major transport links. There is a large supported team.
- You will be competent in soft tissue surgery
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- You will have excellent diagnostic skills
- You will have 4-5 years’ experience
- Ideally you will have prior experience in a leadership role, but this is not essential
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be happy to lead a team and ensure the practice is performing to a high standard daily
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other lead vets across the other branches
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice has state of the art facilities and equipment such as digital X- Ray, ultrasound etc with access to CT scanner and MRI.
- Salary - £40,000.00 -£55,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- CPD supported with 3 days leave and funded allowance £1500
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 5 weeks 1 day, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.