Our client is seeking a dedicated passionate and experienced full time Lead Veterinary Surgeon for their practice based in Pontefract, West Yorkshire.
This long-established practice is supported by a team made up of very experienced veterinary surgeons, junior veterinary surgeons, passionate and highly experienced RVN’s, SVN’s and support staff and, the successful candidate will be required to offer the very best levels of service to both clients and patients.
The candidate we are seeking has confidence and experience working with a varied case load, have strong knowledge and experience in general surgery and medicine, be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and confidence with sole charge.
Our client would be keen to meet with a dedicated veterinary surgeon who has a strong passion and dedication for what they do and demonstrates an approach that is underpinned by a friendly, caring and passion towards their patients.
Our client believes in investing in their people, surgeries, facilities, equipment, and latest technology so that they can provide outstanding veterinary care for their patients and their owners. They provide what is needed for their staff to have the work life balance that is needed to provide their gold standard of care.
- Full Time: 4 or 5 working day week
- Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 7.00pm
- Weekend Rota: a share of the weekend rota TBC, weekend hours are Saturday 8.30pm – 7.00pm
- Sole Charge: some on occasion
- OOH: No
- Supported by a helpful and experienced team
Facilities / Services:
- Operating Theatre
- X-ray Room
- In-house laboratory
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Minimum 4 year’s post grad experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Attractive salary DOE
- Accommodation Allowance
- Bonus scheme
- CPD allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- They strongly promote a friendly atmosphere in their practices, so it’s a pleasant and supportive place to work.
- A pioneering ‘Buddy System’ is in place where every new vet is allocated a Mentor, who will look after them in the first year and ongoing support is provided from a team of close-knit Area Managers and Regional Directors, all of whom who are fully trained in dealing with mental health issues.
- Every member of staff has access to great discounts for supermarkets, shops, holidays etc (which can be very substantial!); They have their own staff cost saving scheme for pet treatment and offer great discounts on pet food. A lot of vets are also on commission, so they actively benefit from the hard work they put into the practice
- Uniquely, vets will have the opportunity to become their own bosses in their own clinics, with the benefit of working within a large, tried and tested network! Vastly improved profits through buying power, whilst also enjoy the tight support network clinically, with access to fantastically skilled vets! Excellent career paths available employees wanting to take a different direction and progress into roles such as Area Managers, College Lecturers, Regional Directors or, becoming part of the Practice Development team – and so much more!
- They really want to support you with your career development by making it easier for you to complete your CPD.
- They have a full in house CPD training structure in place
- Access to further external specialist CPD courses
- Strongly believe in promoting further development and happy to fund this
- They will pay your fees for professional membership.
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.