We are recruiting for a permanent lead veterinary surgeon to join a team in Doncaster. The practice are looking for a confident skilled veterinary surgeon who is able to take on the lead role within the team. This role will ideally suit a surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. The role involves full time hours and a 1:4 weekend but there is no ooh. The role involves exposure to a variety of cases meaning an opportunity for the surgeon to expand their skill set and knowledge. They will be expected to set high practice standards and be responsible for delivering a high standard of clinical care. There is occasional sole charge work involved so it is important that the vet is confident in this area.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.15am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday 8.30am – 5pm Sunday 9am – 2pm
- Sole Charge: Yes, weekends
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet 2 RVN
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice
- Offers an exciting workload
- Large case load variety
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You ideally will have experience in emergency surgeon
- Previous experience in a lead role would be advantageous but not essential.
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will be confident with sole charge work.
- You will be passionate about expanding your personal development and clinical skill set
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.