Are you looking for a new challenge? Then this is your opportunity to make a difference!
We are looking for a permanent lead veterinary surgeon to join a hugely successful and growing practice based in Boston, the heart of the Lincolnshire Fens! Our client is seeking a positive and conscientious, medicine orientated veterinary surgeon to join their successful team. Working within a purpose built, state of the art practice on a full time basis, our clients will encourage and provide time for a thorough diagnostic approach to cases.
- Hours Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 7.00pm
- Weekends: 1 in 5 weekend rota – Saturday 8:30am - 12:30pm - time back in lieu
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: will be expected at the weekends.
- OOH: 1:7
- Other: They are interested in your ideas and ensure plenty of client contact during nurse clinics.
- Free parking
As part of a dynamic and forward thinking practice, you will be working with another 2-3 Vets and a great team of Nurses and Receptionists all dedicated to providing a superb standard of client and animal care. The team have built up strong relationships with their clients and, therefore, key to being successful in this role will be your communication skills and client care capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have will have good all-round veterinary skills and must be medicine-orientated! In addition, you will be a strong team player who is not only pragmatic but has keen attention to detail!
Package & Benefits:
- Package Salary range: £50K - £60K DOE
- Fees: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
BSAVA fees paid for New Graduates
- Accommodation: Happy to offer allowances up to £6,600 for vets DOE
- Vehicle or Allowance: If you take a vehicle it’s tax free and worth around £2,500.00 (petrol, insurance, MOT, tax etc are all covered); if you opt for the allowance instead, it’s £2500 in cash, but taxed
- CPD: £1500 per annum plus 3 days off, with extra certificate funding;
- Further Training: There are a fantastic team of in-house trainers who deliver customer service and communication training, how to handle difficult situations and giving/receiving feedback training – free of charge!
- Pension: Company pension scheme
- Holiday: Working life balance is of the utmost importance and offer 5 weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays. Part-time opportunities are available for most roles!
- Internal Schemes, discounts etc: Every member of staff has access to great discounts for supermarkets, shops, holidays etc (which can be very substantial!); They have their our own staff cost saving scheme for pet treatment, and offer great discounts on pet food. A lot of vets are also on commission, so they actively benefit from the hard work they put into the practice
- Staff related awards etc: Excellent scheme in place for staff members to accrue points for rewards etc, which can be spent on a variety of goods and services!
- Career progression: Uniquely, vets will have the opportunity to become their own bosses in their own clinics, with the benefit of working within a large, tried and tested network! Vastly improved profits through buying power, whilst also enjoy the tight support network clinically, with access to fantastically skilled vets! Excellent career paths available employees wanting to take a different direction and progress into roles such as Area Managers, College Lecturers, Regional Directors or, becoming part of the Practice Development team – and so much more!
- Wellbeing/Support Management: A pioneering ‘Buddy System’ is in place where every new vet is allocated a Mentor, who will look after them in the first year and ongoing support is provided from a team of close-knit Area Managers and Regional Directors, all of whom who are fully trained in dealing with mental health issues.
- Clinical Support: They also have a tight internal clinical support network, with access to some fantastically skilled vets (for example, one of their surgeons is doing elbow surgery that isn’t done anywhere else in the UK), and equipment, such as their own CT and MRI units, and their very own radioiodine unit in London for hyperthyroid cats.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.