We are recruiting for a permanent large animal veterinary surgeon to join an established practice in Penzance with over 100 years’ experience. This newly refurbished highly regarded mixed animal practice comprises of multiple veterinary surgeons, RVNS and a support team. They boast a great reputation for continuing to provide the highest level of veterinary care to pets, horses, farm animal and exotics in Cornwall. They are looking for a large animal veterinary surgeon with an equine bias. This is a full-time role 4 days per week with a 1:5 rota and 2 half days per week.
- Clinical interests supported and encouraged
- Recently refurbished with modern facilities and theatre and consulting rooms.
- Purpose built surgical suit
- Multiple veterinary surgeons – highly experienced with areas of special interests.
- Nurse training practice
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
State of the art equipment as you would expect for a large mixed animal practice with modern facilities offering a wide range of services to clients.
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.