Permanent Imaging Veterinary Surgeon
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Imaging Veterinary Surgeon with 5+ years’ experience to join their award-winning friendly team in Dudley and surrounding local branches. They are an Independent Small Animal, First Opinion and Referral Practice with a strong vet team of 15+ including 3 Certificate holders, and 1 Cert AVP.
Applicants should have their Certificate in Imaging or be working towards it, be enthusiastic in all aspects of 1st opinion general practice veterinary care, including emergency care and consulting. A large part of the work will be dealing with a high volume of radiology and ultrasonography with occasional MRI supported by the veterinary team. This will give you the ability to develop your own case load and be the master of your own development.
Our Clients pride themselves on being family vets for family pets which have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of the Vets and Nurses.
Twice voted as Best UK Vet by the pet owning public, Vet Well Being Award Winners 2018, RCVS Outstanding Client Experience Award at all branches, Winner of Practice of the Year, and featured on Prime-time TV, joining this team places you amongst the best in the industry and at the heart of veterinary excellence.
- Salary £50,000 - £70,000 DOE
- CPD allowance per annum of £1500 for relevant external CPD
- Certificate funding if needed
- RCVS/BSAVA/VDS membership funded
- Staff discount on pet care
- Staff discount on Pet plan Insurance
- 4 or 4.5-day week
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, and 11 operating theatres
- Support of 15 vets, 24 RVNs
- 15-minute consultations
- High % insured client base with dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance.
- Superior care and professional satisfaction of providing our own in-house OOH, while on attractive rota of approx. 1:10 weekends with a 4-day weekend the following week.
- Overnight weeknight on call 1:10, fully supported with back up from our 4 partners
- On site accommodation if required.
- Access to and support from our 4 Certificate holders, with an established mentoring programme
- Off rota induction programme
- Team buddy in addition to mentor to support your integration to the team
- Imaging case opportunities from across the branches
- Weekly in house CPD
- Long term career opportunities, Certificate, and Branch Management are all possibilities.
- Sabbatical opportunities after 24 months
- Rewards and perks (We will not be beaten on salary)
- Assistance with relocation
- Regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
- Cycle to work scheme supported
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry.