An exciting opportunity for a permanent Head Veterinary Surgeon role has arisen in London. This is a sole charge role working in a community practice with a good client base. As head vet the candidate would be responsible for the day to day running of the practice and leading the team of fellow vets and nurses. The right candidate will have a strong small animal medical and surgical background and an awareness of the operational aspects of a practice that can affect its profitability. As the most senior member of staff onsite it is important that they are comfortable leading and motivating a team so previous experience in this area is essential. The vet must also be confident in sole charge work and have previous experience of working in a busy practice.
- Forward thinking and professional Practice
- Supported by a Hospital close by
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be an experienced forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will be minimum 4 years qualified
- You will have good surgical experience and comfortable working autonomously
- You must be confident in sole charge work
- You will have previous experience in a busy practice and an awareness of what contributes to practice profitability
- You will be happy to work as a mentor and lead a team with a motivational attitude to bring out the best in all staff members.
- Previous experience of managing a team will be advantageous but not essential
- You will be expected to develop the surgical caseload for both soft tissue and orthopaedic whilst also developing the less invasive procedures – arthroscopy and laparoscopy.
- You must be motivated and have a genuine passion for animal welfare and preventative medicine.
Facilities: State of the Art facilities including:
- Operating Theatre
- Emergency and critical care
- In house blood machine
- Digital and Dental X Ray
- Salary: £35,000 – £60,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays and your Birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: £1,000 Allowance and 5 days off to attend
- Additional CPD for clinical coaches.
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- 6 Month staff reviews
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.