Our client on the outskirts of Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire is looking for a head veterinary surgeon to lead their team of two vets. You will be responsible for implementing high standards of working and will offer case continuity to all clients, working up through to surgery.
- Full time (45 hours per week)
- Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:30am til 6:30pm
- Weekends: Saturdays on a rota, 8:30am til 12:00pm
- OOH: None
- Computer system: EZ Vet
- Sole charge: Yes, will be required, must be comfortable
- Branch Work: Unlikely to be any
- Team: 2 Vets under your guidance & support from qualified & student nurses
This practice works in partnership with a veterinary group however is run just like an independent, they offer 24-hour gold standard veterinary care to all patients. The practice is fully equipped with dentistry ultra sound, ECG, radiography & endoscopy equipment as well clean & bright operating theatre and waiting room. They are a 100% small animal practice.
They are looking for a veterinary surgeon with excellent all round surgical and medical skills as this will be your key responsibility. You must be able to manage sales performance, budgets and overall profitability. You must have high standards of communications skills to be able to liase with the team in a professional manager. It is important you have some experience in the UK in a senior role and some experience of KPIs and budgets.
- Salary: £40,000-£60,000 DOE
- Salary reviews every 6 months
- 28 days annual holiday allowance
- Full pension Scheme
- CPD Allowance - £1000 per annum plus 5 days leave
- VDS covered
- Staff discounts for veterinary services/products/ treatments.
- Accommodation/relocation package may be available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent client and patient care skills
- 3 Years post graduate UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.