An established 6 branch practice based in central London are opening a new branch in February and are looking for a permanent Head Veterinary Nurse to join this new venture. They are looking for a HVN who has an appetite for adventure and a desire to stake their claim by helping grow the team / practice in unchartered waters.
- Hours Mon – Fri: 40 hours per week with shifts between 8.00 – 4.00 or 11.00 - 7.00
- Weekend rota: 1 in 4 Saturdays 8.30 – 5.00
- OOH: None
- Team: New Team – Nurse, care assistant and lead vet
- Branches: 6 other branches – But you will only be working at this on
- Computer system: Easy vet -moving to Freedom soon
- Parking: None – Close to main lines
- With this been an entirely new practice the HVN’s primary function will involve but aren’t limited to:
- Assisting the Lead Vet with procedures & animal care.
- Managing the duties of the team on a daily basis,
- Supporting less experienced nurses,
- Coaching student nurses,
- Stock maintenance and ordering,
- Rota management
- Setting up practice procedures etc
- Rota management,
- RCVS checks
- Being intimately involved in the setting up of the new practice. This ranges from cleaning, to sourcing necessary consumables (eg. Cleaning supplies, bins, stationary etc.) and helping set up the office space
- Ultimately ensuring the day runs smoothly. The role involved both nursing and practice administration.
- Supportive management to assist in establishing a small new team in a quiet practice space
- Support from fellow colleagues and other experienced HVNs
- Practices contains – Digital x ray, Dental x ray
- Ultrasound available if requested
- The team at the branch includes a Lead Vet and an Animal Care Assistant
- Holiday 28 days including bank holidays
- CPD £300 per year - encouraged and funded
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- 3 years post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.