An exciting opportunity has arisen in Bury St Edmonds for a Head Nurse to join our clients experienced team on a full-time basis. You will be joining 3 Vets and 3 nurses along with a strong support team.
- Full time (40 hours)
- Hours Mon-Fri: 09:00am til 19:00pm
- Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturday 09:00am til 18:00pm & Sunday 10:00am til 16:00pm
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH: None.
This practice is very well equipped with capnography, digital x-ray, ultrasound, full state of the art IDEXX lab (haematology, biochemistry, in-house T4, fructosamine, bile acids, cortisol, PCV), blood pressure monitoring, pulse oximeter, v-gel and separate dog, cat and isolation wards. The team see approx. 45% cats, 45% dogs and 10% small. Orthopaedics (CCLR, FHNE, pinning), acupuncture and basic physiotherapy are all carried out in practice so they guarantee exposure to a wide variety of case
Ideally you will be an experienced nurse who is looking for the next step in your career. You must lead by example, with great communication skills and be confident in all nursing duties. Also being able to mentor and coach student nurses is important.
- Salary: £25,000-£35,000 DOE
- Career development opportunities
- CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Holiday – 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 2 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a friend or colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8:30am–7:00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.