We are looking for an experienced and confident permanent equine veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Essex as a Head Equine Vet.
- Hours: Full Time - 40 hours, 4 days with Thursdays off
- Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Weekends: 1 in 3
- Time off in lieu: One day off for every weekend on call
- Computer System: Vetworks
- Sole charge: Yes, some involved
- OOH: 1 in 3
- Team: 2 equine vets, nurses and support staff
- Branch work: None
- Accommodation: Big two-bedroom flat built when surgery was built
This is a local, friendly Equine Practice that provides comprehensive care to their patients in the field 24hrs a day, 7 days a week – whether it is a routine procedure or an emergency. They provide a high standard of veterinary care to horses, ponies and donkeys visiting local livery yards, riding schools, studs or individual owners.
They are looking for an experienced and competent equine vet with good all-round veterinary skills, excellent customer service skills and leadership skills.
The practice was purpose built with stables, theatre, laboratory and is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Their ambulatory veterinarian is equipped with portable digital x-ray, ultrasound units, endoscopy and motorised and manual dental equipment too.
- Generous salary based on experience level £30,000.00 - £55,000.00
- Career development opportunities
- Generous CPD allowance
- Holiday – 30 days
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 4 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.