A small animal practice in St Albans are recruiting an experienced full-time veterinary surgeon to cover at 2 of their Hospitals. The role will be split into 2 days at each site. For exceptional candidates the practice would consider a part time veterinary surgeon. This role will be very much surgical with a strong bias in lameness and stifle surgery and the surgeon will be expected to offer support to hospitals whilst also providing second options to the first opinion clinics. The role involves offering 1st Opinion surgery consultations within the hospital and then second opinion to supported practices to assist other veterinary surgeons in more complex cases. So, this role would suit an experienced veterinary surgeon.
- State of the Art Hospital with all modern surgical and diagnostic facilities
- Established a loyal client base
- Forward thinking and professional
- Hospital and branches
- Practice sees a varied case load – including trauma cases.
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be an experienced forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will be responsible for providing surgical support to the hospitals and second opinion consultations for internal referral cases.
- You will have good surgical experience and comfortable working autonomously
- You will be expected to develop the surgical caseload for both soft tissue and orthopaedic whilst also developing the less invasive procedures – arthroscopy and laparoscopy.
- You will work well as part of a team and have great communication skills to develop working relationships with clients and fellow team members
- You will have an understanding that the surgery support is very much an extension of the wider 24-Hour care offered at the practice.
- You must be motivated and have a genuine passion for animal welfare and preventative medicine.
Facilities: State of the Art facilities including:
- Operating Theatre
- Emergency and critical care
- Hospitalisation facilities
- X Ray
- Salary: £35,000 – £60,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays and your Birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: £1,000 Allowance and 5 days off to attend
- Additional CPD for clinical coaches.
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- 6 Month staff reviews
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.