We are recruiting for a small animal practice in Worcester who need a full-time veterinary surgeon to join their team. the surgeon would be joining a team of 5 vet, 6 RVN, 2 SVN and support staff. This is a very social team who enjoy regular team outings together. The RVNS hold many certificates and the surgery also performs orthopaedics and Boas surgery in the practice. This practice has the attitude of “Patient first” so if you are a passionate vet with a genuine interest in animal welfare then please get in touch with us. This is a 40 hour per week role with no OOH and a 1:3 weekend which means an excellent work / life balance.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am – 5pm Sunday 10.30am – 4pm
- Sole Charge: Yes, Sundays only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 5 Vet 6 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice
- Sociable close-knit team – regular social outings
- Offers an exciting workload such as Orthopaedics (TPLO, locking plates etc) full dental workups including radiographs, exotics, complete medical workups, top end Idexx in house bloods, Ultrasound etc etc
- Large case load variety
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be happy in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will enjoy working as part of a close knit team.
- You will be passionate about expanding your personal development and clinical skill set
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.