A small animal practice based close to Southampton is recruiting a small animal Permanent Veterinary Surgeon on a full time basis - 40 hours per week, No OOH or Sole charge.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: 2:5 Weekends in 8 weeks Saturday 9am – 6pm, Sunday 10.30am – 4.30pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Computer System: Robovet
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 5 Vet, 5 RVN and reception team
A busy small animal practice close to the coast in Southampton is recruiting a small animal Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This is a state-of-the-art practice offering many services and see a variety of cases. The practice welcomes applications from those with a specific interest that they would like to develop. The practice is part of a large family group and many veterinary surgeons are certificate holders. The practice offers an excellent CPD package.
You will need to have 2 years’ experience however the practice will also consider new graduate applications. You must be motivated with a positive attitude and work well as part of a team. Customer service skills and the ability to build and grow relationships with clients is key as the practice expects a high-quality service. Much support is given so you will have the opportunity to discuss cases and learn from members of the team to develop your knowledge and skills further. Special interest areas are well supported and encouraged. As it is a busy practice you must have good time management skills
- Operating Theatre
- Isolation unit
- Pet Passports
- Emergency Cover
- In-House Laboratory
- ECG Monitoring
- Complete Care Plan
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Hospital Ward
- Lungworm Testing
- Rabbit Medicine and Surgery
- Nurse Clinics
- Health plans.jpg
- Small Mammal Medicine and Surgery
- Dog, Cat & Exotic Wards
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- Relocation Allowance if applicable
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas