A growing practice in Southampton are looking to recruit a Permanent Full time Veterinary Surgeon. If you have a particular interest or experience that you would like to pursue such as exotics or orthopaedics, then please get in touch however not a requirement. Advanced medical cases seen here for diagnostic and treatment progression.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 9am - 8pm Monday - Friday
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Computer System: RX Works
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 1 Vet, 2 RVN
The practice is coming up to its second year since opening and has continued to expand its clients base. The practice sees a varied case load but also deals with more advanced medical cases which allows the Veterinary Surgeons to progress in terms of workups and diagnostics. It is fully equipped modern practice with all the facilities that you would expect. The practice is situated in an ideal location within easy access to coastal and rural areas as well as being close by to Southampton itself.
The ideal candidate will have experience of a first opinion practice and be confident in consultations and routine surgery. A passion for a speciality is a bonus but not essential. Whilst the role is supported by 2 RVNS and the practice owners there will be sole charge involved so it is important that the applicant is comfortable in sole charge and be confident in emergency surgery if required. There is no OOH work required. Whilst the role is supported the candidate will also have clinical freedom within the practice to treat their patients. Practice owners also offer ongoing handheld support then needed.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- An operating theatre with gaseous anaesthetic facility for surgical procedures.
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Show more services
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.