We are recruiting a permanent small animal veterinary surgeon for an independent practice in Preston. This is an accredited tier 2 RCVS award winning Practice located close to the cities of Preston and Lancaster.
- Type:. Small animal with some equine
- Hours: Full Time 4 Days per week
- Weekends: On a rota shared with 10 Vets
- OOH: On a rota shared with 10 Vets.
- Sole Charge: When on call
- Team: Multi Vet, RVN and supporting staff team.
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
This award-winning practice has three branches currently. They pride themselves on delivering a high standard of clinical care to patients and offer a caring and friendly service. This is a supportive training practice offering a great place for Nurses and Veterinary surgeons to develop their skill set. They offer case continuity and believe in working closely as a team, communicating with one another leads to a happy work environment. They regularly have returning students and locums to the practice which shows how much of a great place it is to work in. There are a large team of highly experienced veterinary surgeons who regular mentor and support other members of staff – such a new graduates and vets returning after a break. The practice has certificate holding veterinary surgeons so areas of special interest are supported and if the surgeon wishes to complete a certificate this would be funded with additional CPD allowance. There is an OOH and weekend rota is shared amongst 10 vets, so offers a great work / life balance. Night RVNS cover the OOH phone and triage the calls and look after in-house patients. They offer a full-time role working 4 days per week.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases however support and mentoring is available for recently qualified veterinary surgeons
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice boasts full in-house facilities offering patients a full range of diagnostics, in patient facilities, treatments and both routine and complex medical and surgical cases.
- Salary - £30,000.00 -£50,000.00 Pro Rata
- Holiday 24 days plus Bank Holidays
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD 5 days plus £1,500 allowance
- Car and accommodation provided or an allowance
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.