A small animal practice close to the coastal city of Plymouth is looking for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their well-established practice.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours:Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: 1: 3 Saturday 9am – 12pm Sunday 10am – 12pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Computer System: RX
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 2 Vets, 2 RVN, 1 SVN, 1 VCA and 2 receptionists
This purpose built; RCVS accredited training practice is situated in a beautiful area of South Devon offering a fantastic work / life balance. The practice is state of the art and full equipped with all modern facilities. This is a small animal, forward thinking practice where freedom is given to Veterinary Surgeons to pursue areas of clinical interest. As a growing practice, they pride themselves on delivery a high level of customer service and a high standard of patient care. For the right candidate the practice will consider a part time Veterinary Surgeon.
This role is 100% small animal with a 1: 3 Saturday and Sunday mornings. You must be confident in all areas of routine surgery and work up cases to a high standard. There is some sole charge work involved on the weekend, so it is essential you are confident in this area. You would need to be fun and caring and someone who fits well into a small dynamic team. Delivery a high standard of clinical care always and establishing excellent working relationships with the clients is also essential.
• Operating Theatre An operating theatre with gaseous anaesthetic facility for surgical procedures.
• Isolation Unit
• Blood Pressure Monitor
• In-house Laboratory
• Hospital Ward
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- Relocation Allowance if applicable
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.