We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a growing practice in Leicester. They are seeing an experienced veterinary surgeon to join them on a full-time basis. his role is full time with weekends on a 1:3 rota and no ooh! There are two practices located a few miles apart and are well established and have grown over the last ten years. The team in total comprises of 10 Vets, 8 RVNS, 2 SVNS and 4 ACA and a large support team. The practice boasts an excellent reputation within the area, and they are always open to discussing and looking at better ways to practice enhancing their clinical service further. This is an RCVS practice which follows best practice and protocols and continues to grow year on year. The practice has regular team meetings as well as veterinary nurse clinical meetings. They are always happy to support each team members development and the variety of case work ensures that the surgeon develops their skill set and knowledge. If you are a surgeon with an interest in soft tissue surgery and diagnostic imaging this would be advantageous but not essential.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am – 5pm pm Sunday 10am – 3.30pm
- Sole Charge: Weekends only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 10 Vet, 8 RVN, 2 SVNs and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance rota
- Areas of special interest are encouraged and supported
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Client care award winning team
- Offers onsite parking and an easy commute to London
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in Soft tissue surgery and Diagnostic Imaging would be advantageous but not essential
- You will be happy with some sole charge work on a weekend
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Option of enhanced annual leave allowance
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.