A small animal practice in Hemel Hempstead is looking to recruit a Permanent Veterinary surgeon to support their growing business on either a full or part time basis. The practice will also consider newly graduated veterinary surgeons as well as experienced surgeons. Special interests are supported but not a requirement.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 8.30am - 7pm Monday - Friday 4 Day week
- Weekends: 1:2 9am – 2pm Saturday
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 2 Vets, 1 RVN and support team
A busy well-established small animal practice in Hemel Hempstead is currently recruiting a for an enthusiastic permanent full time Veterinary Surgeon. The practice is located within walking distance of the town centre with easy access to all transport links and direct trains into London. Due to the experience in the team the practice can also consider applications from newly qualified Veterinary Surgeons. The practice boasts all modern equipment including an in house lab. The team comprises of 9 people in total – 2 Veterinary Surgeons, 1 RVN, 2 Student Nurses and a reception team,
Experienced Veterinary Surgeons will have to have good general surgery skills and capable of working up cases to a high standard. The practise sees a varied case load with plenty of soft tissue surgery as well as in house orthopaedics. The ideal candidate will be a good team player and flexible with a positive attitude. Due to the experience within the team the practice can also consider newly qualified applications.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- An operating theatre with gaseous anaesthetic facility for surgical procedures.
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Show more services
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.