A small animal veterinary practice is recruiting a Permanent full time Veterinary Surgeon to work in their busy small animal practice in Bristol.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours:Monday - Tuesday 9am - 7pm, Wednesday 9am - 8pm, Thursday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: 1: 4 Saturday 9am – 5pm, Sunday 10.30am – 4.30pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Computer System: RX
- Branch Work: None
- Team 3 Vets, 2 RVN
A small animal practice situated on the outskirts of Bristol is currently recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The practice is ideally located close to local transportation for those coming from the city. The practice is a purpose-built surgery with modern facilities and state of the art equipment. There is also free parking at the surgery. The practice is small animal with a varied case load and see a lot of exotics. This is a 3 vet, 2 RVN and reception team practice who pride themselves on being dynamic friendly, motivated and ambitious. The role is permanent working 40 hours per week with weekends on a 1:4 rota, some of which will be sole charge. There are no OOH.
You must be confident in routine surgery and all areas of consulting procedures. Some sole charge is involved on a weekend so previous experience required. Whilst this is a busy practice time and support are given to work cases up. You must be computer literate with excellent organisational and communication skills and able to work well as part of a team. Delivering a high standard of clinical care and being able to establish relationships with clients and fellow members of staff is essential.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre An operating theatre with gaseous anaesthetic facility for surgical procedures.
- Digital X-Ray
- X-Ray Isolation
- Cat and Dog Hospital Ward
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- Relocation Allowance if applicable
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.