A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse in growing small animal practice in Worcester. The practice would also consider newly graduated nurses!
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5.30pm or 10.30am - 7pm
- Weekends: 1:4 rota
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: None
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 2 Vets, 3 Nurses and reception team.
A growing small animal veterinary practice are currently recruiting a Permanent Veterinary Nurse on a full-time basis. The practice opened two years ago and already has an established client base which is continuing to grow. The practice comprises of 2 vets and 3 nurses and due to having a clinical coach within the team would also welcome applicants from newly qualified nurses! It also boasts state of the art equipment. The practice is close to local transport links and has onsite parking available.
The candidate would need good general nursing experience however due to clinical coach onsite then newly qualified nurses would be considered if they are looking to take the next step in their nursing career.
The role is varied from prepping for surgery, to working in the theatre and of course building and maintain relationships with clients. Dental nurse experience would be preferred here but not essential. The practice is fortunate to have a dental specialist visit the practice every 8 weeks. Further duties also include kennels and consulting.
The candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a happy can-do attitude and a passion for animal welfare. By joining the practice, the candidate will be able to use their nursing skills to their full potential.
• Vaccination & routine checks
• Separate Ward & Isolation Units
• Emergency Cover
• In-House Laboratory
• Dentistry Services
• In-House Operating Theatre
- Salary: £19,000 - £25,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: Up to 6 weeks Holiday
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.