A small animal practice in Ruislip are looking for a Head Veterinary Nurse who is looking to take the next step in their career to join their team.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: 3 Vets, 2 SVN, 1 VCA and a reception team.
This small animal practice with a large client base is seeking a confident and motivated head Veterinary Nurse to lead by example at their practice in West London. They are seeking an RVN who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The practice is purpose built with state-of-the-art equipment offering multiple services to clients. It sees a varied case load enabling the right candidate to expand their skill set. They welcome nurses with special interests and are keen grow their knowledge. The practice is situated in West London so ideal for someone who would like to work in the city.
You would need to be an experienced Veterinary Nurse with a positive attitude with great communication skills and capable of leading a team. Confidence in all general nursing duties and being able to run nurse clinics is essential. The practice has 2 SVNS currently so previous experience coaching and mentoring would be an advantage. Delivering high standard clinical care is essential as well as building relationships with the clients. This is an integral role in a small friendly team so you would need to be a good team player and adaptable.
- Emergency cover
- Orthopaedics Surgery of joints and bones
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 28 Days
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.