We are recreating for an independent practice in Sheffield who require a permanent full-time veterinary surgeon to join their practice. This role is 90% small animal with 10% Equine. This is a well established large independent practice with a large loyal client base and an excellent reputation within the local community.
Established many years ago the practice has two branches, which are both fully kitted out with state-of-the-art equipment onsite to handle all types of consultations, diagnostics and surgeries. They are a small animal and equine practice and are independently owned. They do provide their own ooh however, due to the size if the team the rota for OOH is generous allowing for an excellent work / life balance.
This is a full-time role working 4 days per week. There is a car and house provided, or an allowance if required. there is 1 night per week on call and a 1:5 weekend on call rota meaning this position offers an excellent work / life balance.
- Type:. Small animal with some equine
- Hours: Full Time 4 Days per week
- Weekends: 1:5 on call
- OOH: One night on call per week
- Sole Charge: When on call
- Team: Multi Vet, RVN and supporting staff team.
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Forward thinking and independent practice
- State of the at facilities and equipment for both small animal and equine
- Provide their own OOH service
- Two premises, one larger hospital located in a pretty area in the countryside.
- Large multi vet team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons within the group
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load – emergency medical cases
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- On-site parking
- Can offer accommodation and car with the position
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be experienced in both small animal and equine
- You will be happy with sole charge work as this maybe required when on call
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice boasts full in-house facilities offering patients a full range of diagnostics, in patient facilities, treatments and both routine and complex medical and surgical cases. The also have facilities to have patients overnight and due to them providing their own on call then they offer case continuity.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Holiday 5 weeks
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD Allowance
- Car and accommodation provided or an allowance
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.