A small animal practice in Wakefield are recruiting a permanent full time registered veterinary nurse to join their team. The practice is located close to all transport links and local amenities with onsite parking available. It is a modern purpose-built practice with modern facilities and all the toys as you would expect - DR Digital Radiography, Ultrasound Machine, IDEXX Lasercyte and Catalyst One machines, Microscopy, Pulse Oximetry, Doppler Blood pressure and ECG.
About the role:
The RVN would be joining a close team of 3 Vets, 3 RVNS and the support team of receptionists and practice manager. It is also a nurse training practice. the practice prides itself on continuously delivering a high standard of clinical care with an excellent reputation in the area. They are looking for a confident RVN, enthusiastic with good general nursing skills. The practice actively supports RVNs to ensure that their skills are utilised to the maximum potential and encourages continuous professional development and support additional courses that the RVN may wish to take such as further studies on exotics, canine behaviour and feline medicine. The role involves all aspects of general nursing from consults to surgeries and running nurse clinics. It is a full-time position with 40 hours per week and a 1:3 weekend rota. There is no OOH required. There is time off during the week after working the weekend.
• Type: Small Animal
• Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm 40 Hours per week
• Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am – 5pm Sunday 10.30am – 3.30pm
• OOH: None
• Sole Charge: None
• Computer System: RX Works
• Consultations: 10 Minutes
• Team: 4 Vet, 4 RVN, and support team
• Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
• Supportive team
• Encourages staff development and supports additional studies
• Wide variety of cases
• CPD is actively encouraged and supported
• Offers excellent career development opportunities
• Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
• You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
• You will be confident to run nurse clinics
• You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
• You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
• You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
• You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
• You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
• Blood Pressure Monitor
• In-house Laboratory
• Pet Passport
• Hospital Ward
• Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
• Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
• Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
• CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
• Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
• Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
• Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
• Uniform: Branded uniform provided
• Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
• Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
• More benefits available
• RCVS registered and qualified
• Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
• Excellent communication skills
• 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.