A small animal practice in the beautiful location of Somerset is looking for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their well-established practice. No OOH with an excellent work / life balance in the countryside!
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 5pm Sunday 10.30am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Computer System: RX
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 3 Vet, 2 RVN
- Other: Flexible Working hours
- Parking: Free onsite
This is a purpose-built small animal practice situated in a beautiful area of Somerset with access to the countryside as well as the city and London via rail. This state-of-the-art practice is equipped with all the modern equipment as you would expect including the latest IDEXX lab machines (Catalyst One and Lasercyte), digital x-rays, Sevoflorane and colour doppler ultrasound. The practice also has a visiting team of orthopaedic specialists. Working at the practice offers you a fantastic work / life balance.
The practice is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who is confident in all routine surgery and is ready to take a forward step in their career. You must be enthusiastic and motivated and deliver a high standard of clinical care. There is some sole charge work involved so it is essential you are confident in this area. The role is heavily supported and CPD is encouraged.
• Operating Theatre
• Emergency Cover
• Hospital Ward
• In-house laboratory
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- Relocation Allowance if applicable
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.