A large animal practice located in St Columb Cornwall are looking to recruit a large farm animal veterinary surgeon on a permanent basis to join their growing team. This role would ideally suit an experienced veterinary surgeon perhaps looking to relocate and have a new challenge.
- Type: Large / Farm Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 5pm –
- OOH: Maximum 1: 5 – during lambing and calving season the vets double up. Ooh will reduce as the practice expands further.
- Lieu: Yes, time off in Lieu when worked a weekend on call and a second on call is rewarded with a day working from home.
- Sole charge: Some
- Team: 6 Large Animal vets supported by 2 administrative assistants.
- Modern and spacious purpose-built practices
- Fully equipped facilities and services
- Delivers a high standard of clinical care and uses evidence-based medicine
- Multi vet practice so plenty of support is given to the right candidate to develop their knowledge and clinical skill further.
- Career development opportunities into management for the right candidate
- Varied case load from dairy, beef, sheep, pigs, camelids to smaller holders with smaller animals multi species open and pet farm animals.
- Offers routine fertility work, health planning and individual animal work
- Has a high surgical caseload
- If you do have a passion for teaching the practice does take on rotating university students
- Part time hours are also considered.
- Certificates can be funded and supported.
- Car, Laptop and Phone provided
- Award winning practice
- The practice supports all veterinary surgeons and are committed to their wellbeing and always tries to promote flexibility support and teamwork.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will need to be confident in sole charge work
- You must be competent in all areas of large / farm animal work
- Experience in TB Testing experience is advantageous
- You will be a forward-thinking vet, compassionate and enthusiasm with a positive attitude.
- You would be qualified in fertility, cattle health and production, foot care and mobility, youngstock and farm management
- Salary: £36,000 – £45,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- Company car and phone and laptop provided
- Private health insurance
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: Generous Allowance 5 days £1,000
- Childcare Vouchers
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.