We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a growing practice on the South Coast of Devon close to Plymouth. This is either a full or part time role as the practice can offer flexible working hours. There is a team of 2 Vet, 2RVN with SVNS and support team. This is a small animal position and would suit both an experienced veterinary surgeon and a newly graduated vet as plenty of support can be provided. This is an award-winning RCVS accredited training practice. There is a 1:3 weekend rota but no ooh. They encourage areas of special interest. They pride themselves on offering full support and clinical freedom. This is a modern purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art equipment as well as four consulting rooms and operating theatre.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am – 12pm pm Sunday 10am – 12pm
- Sole Charge: Weekends only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 2 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance rota
- Areas of special interest are encouraged and supported
- Can offer support to a newly graduated veterinary surgeon
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.