We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a a practice in Stevenage on either a full or part time basis. They are looking for a personable and friendly vet with a minimum of 3 years post graduate experience. The Vet would be working alongside 2 RVN who hold certificates in feline medicine and exotics and working towards a gold standard in Rabbit care. The practice sees a variety of cases and includes lots of small furries. The vet will also have ongoing face to face support from the clinical development manager who is a qualified vet when required. The Vet must be confident with sole charge work and in all routine surgeries and consults. The practice is purpose built with all modern facilities and equipment with onsite parking located close to transport links direct into central London in under half an hour. The practice is offering either full or part time hours with the part time hours being 26 per week and a weekend rota of just 1:2 Saturdays only.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturday 9am – 5pm pm Sunday 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Sole Charge: Weekends only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: Vet, 4 RVN, and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Offers the vet the ability to work autonomously and work up cases and see through from start to finish
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Offers onsite parking and an easy commute to London
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You will be confident with sole charge work
- An interest in Soft tissue surgery and Diagnostic Imaging would be advantageous but not essential
- You will be happy with some sole charge work on a weekend
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Option of enhanced annual leave allowance
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.