We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Shrewsbury on a full or part time basis. The role would be ideally 20 – 30 hours per week however the practice can consider full time candidates also and offer a 4 day week. There is no OOH with the role and there is a flexible rota to suit the right candidate. Weekends are a 1:5 with Saturday 8.30am – 5pm and Sunday 10.30 – 3.30pm and then the vet receives the Monday off in lieu after working the weekend. There is some sole charge work involved at the weekend, so it is important that the vet is competent in this area. The practice boasts an excellent reputation delivering a high standard of clinical care however also values the importance of a great work / life balance. Located close to transport links to Birmingham and the beautiful welsh mountains it is perfect for both city and country life living.
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Friendly and supportive team
- Onsite parking
The practice has modern state of the art facilities and services available to clients.
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.