A small animal Veterinary Surgeon in Salisbury are currently recruiting for a full or part time Veterinary Surgeon for their growing practice.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Surgery schedule: Surgeries are scheduled between 11am and 3pm weekdays. weekend surgery – emergency only.
- Computer System: RX
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 2 Vet, 2 RVN and reception staff
- Other: Full and part time hours considered – min 20 hours per week
The small animal practice in Salisbury is expanding and looking to recruit a new Permanent full or part time Veterinary Surgeon. The practice comprises of a strong competent team and they are looking for a like minded vet to fit well within the team. The practice owner has over 20 years’ experience in the field and specialises in neurology and oncology. This is a purpose-built practice with all the state-of-the-art equipment. The practice also boasts an excellent working relationship with local referral centres for highly specialised cases.
There is no OOH with this role and the weekend rota is also negotiable, providing an idle work / life balance. It is ideally located with easy access to the coast, major cities and the countryside so if it is a varied lifestyle that you after then this role could be for you.
The practice are able to consider a full time or part time Veterinary Surgeon and the part time hours would be a minimum of 20 per week.
The practice are looking for a veterinary surgeon with competent general surgery skills and condiment in sole charge work. The right candidate must have strong customer relation skills and able to build up relationships with clients in order to fully support this growing business. Passion is key and being able to provide and excellent service. Working well as part of a team is also essential so the practice is looking for an enthusiastic and positive individual. The Veterinary surgeon will have the opportunity to fully work up cases and have the capability to provide timely documentation of services provided. The surgeon would be very much supported by the practice owner in a mentoring capacity, so a keen interest in a speciality would be advantageous and the desire to expand on knowledge would also be a desire.
If you are interested in a role which provides a great work / life balance and passionate animal lover, then please get in touch.
- Operating Theatre
- Emergency Cover
- Emergency cover
- Hospital Ward
- In-house laboratory
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.