A small animal practice located in a beautiful rural location in Oxfordshire are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join their growing team on either a full or part time basis. The practice can consider either a full time or part time vet. Full support is offered however the veterinary surgeon would need to be confident in sole charge surgery.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 6.30pm
- Weekends: 1:2 Yes – Rota
- OOH: No
- Sole charge: Some
- Team: 1.5 Vet and 2.5 Nurses and reception team.
- Well equipped rural practice
- Established a loyal client base
- Housing development growing in the area so the practice is continuing to grow.
- Forward thinking professional practice
- Hospital and branches
- Practice sees a varied case load – including trauma cases.
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be an experienced forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will have good surgical experience and comfortable working autonomously
- You will work well as part of a team and have great communication skills to develop working relationships with clients and fellow team members
- You must be motivated and have a genuine passion for animal welfare and preventative medicine.
- Dental Therapy
- Cancer treatment
- ENT and respiratory surgery
- Internal Medicine
- In House Laboratory
- X – Ray Room
- Operating Theatre
- Salary: £35,000 – £55,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays - rises with time served
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: Generous Allowance and days off provided.
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.