A small animal practice in Lancashire is recruiting for a permanent full or part time Veterinary Surgeon to join their growing business.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10am – 4pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Computer System: RX
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 2 Vet, 4 RVN and reception staff
This practice is situated in a beautiful area of Lancashire close to the beach. It is in the countryside whilst also being within easy access of the bustling city of Liverpool. Situated in the heart of a rural community the practice sees a varied case load of patients and works with a local cat charity. The practice is growing and is now seeking an additional full or part time permanent veterinary surgeon. The practice is modern and has many facilities including an in-house lab. There is a flexible rota with no OOH.
The Veterinary surgeon needs to be confident in sole charge and work up cases to a high standard. Confident in all routine surgery is essential. Having an interest in cats and dogs is advantageous but not essential. The practice prides itself on the relationship built with clients in this rural community so it is important that you have strong interpersonal skills to support this development further as well as working well as part of a team.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Digital X ray equipment is available.
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Cat and Dog Hospital Ward
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- Relocation Allowance if applicable
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.