A growing first opinion practice in Leigh are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join them on either a full or part time basis. The practice is located within excellent transport links to both Manchester and Bolton. For those who enjoy the country life it is situated very close to the peak district, so the applicant has the best of both worlds.
The practice boasts a veterinary surgeon currently enrolled in a certificate and certificate holding RVNS. A veterinary surgeon with a wish to complete a certificate would be advantagous and supported. They are looking for the veterinary surgeon to work between, 25 and 35 hours per week and a 1:3 Weekends. There is an element of sole charge involved on a rota basis, so it is important that the vet is comfortable and has experience in this area.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm 25-35 Hours per week
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 5pm Sunday 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 20 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet 3 RVN and support team
- Forward thinking and professional Practice
- State of the Art equipment
- Award winning practice
- Excellent in-house modern facilities
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Competitive Salary and package
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be happy in all areas of general surgical and medical skills
- You will be confident with sole charge work
- You will be confident in maintaining high standards of clinical care
- You will be passionate about expanding your personal development and clinical skill set
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with both clients and staff.
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £38,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 5 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance and certificates funded for the right candidate
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.