A small animal practice in Leeds is recruiting for a permanent small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday 8am - 8pm, Tuesday, Wednesday 8am - 7pm, Thursday 8am - 8pm, Friday 8am - 7pm
- Weekends: Saturday 8am – 5pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Computer System: RX
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 2 Vet, 4 RVN
This busy practice is situated in a residential area of Leeds and sees a varied case load. It is located within close access to both the city and the surrounding countryside and all major transport links. It is a modern spacious surgery which was purpose built and boats excellent facilities. The practice is a 4 Vet, 5 Nurse plus reception team practice and they pride themselves on being passionate about what they do and continue to provide an excellent clinical service. They are supportive practice so would welcome a Veterinary Surgeon with special interests. Whilst this is a full-time role of 40 hours per week span over 7 days, but for the right candidate the practice will consider a part time Veterinary Surgeon.
You would have between two to 5 years’ experience with good surgical experience and the ability to work up cases to a high standard. You will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy building relationships with clients and work well as part of the team. You must be confident in sole charge work as there is some involved but there is no OOH. It would be advantageous to have an interest in surgery and orthopaedics but not essential.
- Emergency cover
- Isolation Unit A special ward to care for animals with contagious diseases.
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Haematology In-house Laboratory
- In-house Laboratory X-Ray
- X-Ray Hospital Ward
- Hospital Ward Dentistry
- Salary: £35,000.00 -£55,000.00 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Very much encouraged – CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Other: Career development opportunities
- Relocation Allowance if applicable
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.