We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a growing practice in Kettering. This is a full time role with a 1:4 weekend rota but no OOH. The practice can also offer part time hours for the right candidate. The practice can offer excellent career opportunities with a varied case load. There is a team of 3.5 vets which will grow to 4.5 vets with the new arrival and a team of 6 RVNs, SVNS and a support team. The practice has a visiting orthopaedic surgeon and the team have a variety of special interests and a certificate holder in feline medicine, a vet with special interest in surgery and currently completing a certificate in dermatology so if you are a veterinary surgeon looking to complete a certificate this would be encouraged, advantageous, funded and supported fully. This is a vibrant and fun practice to work in with regular team meeting for case reviews.
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance rota
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Areas of special interest are encouraged and supported
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- • Excellent team care, ensuring wellbeing and ongoing support for all colleagues
• Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
- Client care award winning team
- Offers onsite parking and an easy commute to London
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You ideally will have an area of special interest or wish to study towards a certificate
- You will be happy with some sole charge work on a weekend
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Option of enhanced annual leave allowance
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.