We are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a growing team in Keighley. The practice can offer either full or part time hours which are negotiable and there is no ooh commitment. They offer a great work / life balance ensuring that the rota pattern means that the vet gets the same weekdays off each week and then the weekends are on a 1:4 rota basis. The weekend is a sole charge role so it is important that an experienced vet is confident in this area however there is back up support available if needed. The practice can also consider applications from new graduate vets as full support can be given with one to one coaching from the practice owner. The practice is in a beautiful area close to the Yorkshire dales and Skipton and boasts an excellent reputation in the area.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday 9am – 5pm, Sunday 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Sole Charge: Yes weekends only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vet 5 RVN and support team
- Purpose built practice with modern facilities inc air conditioning
- State of the Art equipment
- Offers a great working / life ethos and a friendly environment
- Supportive practice that loves teaching, offers one to one surgical coaching and clinical advice and case discussion
- Large case load variety with a large client base
- If you are an experienced veterinary surgeon, you would be passionate about developing you own interests and client following as this would be supported.
- Delivers a high standard of clinical care.
- Certificates and special areas of interest are supported an encouraged.
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- Career development opportunities offered
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be happy in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- Special interests would be most welcome and encouraged at the practice.
- For experienced veterinary surgeons you will be confident with sole charge work
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £42,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.