We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a growing practice in Hedge End Hampshire. Located close to Southampton this practice is in a lovely rural area with plenty of family residential homes as well as local retails offerings attracting those from a wider area. They are looking for a veterinary surgeon who is comfortable with consults and confident in all routine surgeries however support can be provided. Special interests are actively encouraged and supported so they are keen to hear from you if you are interested in pursuing an interest in orthopaedics, exotics etc. There will be some sole charge work involved but the vet will also benefit from working closely with an experienced team. This is a fairly new practice which is continuing to grow and its client base is expanding. They see a variety of cases especially more advanced ones, so the vet has an excellent opportunity to expand their skill set and knowledge. This is a full-time role, but they can offer flexible hours and even part time hours can be considered.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 8pm
- Weekends: Saturday 9am – 6pm Sunday 10am – 4pm
- Sole Charge:
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 3 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fairly new growing practice
- Offers an exciting advance caseload
- Offers a good work / life balance rota
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.