We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a growing practice in Harrogate. The practice can offer this as either a full or part time position and, they can support a new graduated veterinary surgeon. This is a well-established practice with a large client base and an excellent reputation within the community as well as being a nurse training practice. The full-time role is 40 hours per week or if part time is 25 hours per week. There is a weekend 1:3 rota and time off in lieu during the week after working a weekend. There is no OOH. The practice can support a newly graduated veterinary surgeon and follows the newly graduated veterinary programme. This role would also suit a vet who is perhaps looking for their next career move into post graduate studies with an excellent work / life balance. There is some sole charge involved at weekends however for new graduates there will be support. This is 3 vet, 4 RVN and SVN and VCA with supporting staff practice and they are looking for an enthusiastic surgeon to join their close team.Key Details:
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am – 6pm pm Sunday 9am – 6pm
- Sole Charge: Weekends only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet, 5 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a good work / life balance rota
- Areas of special interest are encouraged and supported
- Can offer support to a newly graduated veterinary surgeon
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £31,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.