A small animal practice in Chester are recruiting a full-time veterinary surgeon to join the team on a full or part time basis. The full-time role is 4 days per week with 2 long and 2 short shifts on the weekdays. The part time vet can have a rota of hours around individual requests. This is a well-established practice with a large range of modern equipment and facilities with visiting specialists. The practice is located within excellent transportation links and is close to the city centre.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 7pm
- Weekends: On a rota - Saturday Morning 9am – 12pm
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vet 5 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Growing client base
- Potential for a permanent role at the end of the contract
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Areas of special interest and certificates are supported
- Committed to delivery a high standard of clinical care and having an excellent reputation within the community.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- A consulting or medical bias would be advantageous, but surgery shifts are available
- You will be confident with sole charge work
- Previous experience in emergency surgery would be advantageous
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Areas of special interest would be advantageous
• Emergency cover
• Operating Theatre
• Digital X-Ray
• Isolation Unit
• In-house Laboratory
• Dental X-Ray
- Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.