A small animal practice in Worcester are recruiting a deputy head registered veterinary nurse. This is an exciting opportunity for a nurse who is ready to take the next step into a role with more responsibilities. This is a career progression role involving working closely with the head nurse daily ensuring the practice is running to a high standard. Nurses are the integral part of the practice and they are looking for another passionate individual to join the team. Certificates are well supported at the practice with some RVNS working towards a certificate in medical nursing currently. Ideally the applicant would also be wanting to progress into a coaching role or already is a coach. The practice is a student veterinary nurse training practice and has one fully trained clinical coach. All nurses are supported by the 5 Vet team. The practice is able to consider shorter hours for the right candidate to 30 per week. The practice is located close to main roads with excellent transport links with onsite parking.
- State of the art facilities
- Forward thinking professional Practice
- Modern practice – bright and spacious with air conditioning
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- RVNS working towards certificates within the practice.
- Established practice with a large loyal client base
- Friendly and welcoming team
- Prides itself on providing a high standard of care
- Great location close to transport links
- Onsite parking
- You will be confident in all areas of general nursing
- You will be happy to work across consults, surgeries, procedures and wards.
- You must be, enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated with a passion for animal welfare.
- You will maintain practice standards and protocols across the board.
- You will be motivated to grow and develop your skill set and knowledge and confident in trying new techniques
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills are essentials to develop working relationships with clients and fellow staff members.
- You will work to a high standard of care
- You must have a genuine passion for animal welfare.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: £21,000 - £26,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Allowance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- Staff Discounts Available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.