A mixed animal practice in Leicester are expanding their team and are recruiting for predominantly small animal veterinary surgeon but there is a small element of mixed animal work involved. The practice is flexible so there is room to negotiate hours here as they can also consider part time applicants. Whilst it is mixed animal the practice is both small and farm animal not equine so no experienced with equine required. There is a large team comprising of 7 vets and RVNS and support staff. They pride themselves on delivery excellent clinical care and have a wealth of expertise to offer the applicant. The practice provides its own OOH which is shared amongst the vets on a rota so they are looking for a veterinary surgeon who can also work in a sole charge role.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 6.30pm
- Weekends: Saturdays 8.30am – 12.30pm
- OOH: Yes on rota
- Sole Charge: Yes when on call
- Branch work: Yes
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vet 8 RVN and support team
- Forward thinking and professional Practice
- Mixed Animal
- They are flexible on the working hours offering a great work / life balance
- State of the Art equipment
- Multi Vet and Nurse practice with branches.
- All modern facilities and equipment
- Well established with a large client base
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
• Digital Radiography
• Dental equipment & Dental x-ray.
• Modern well-equipped operating room for surgical procedures
• In house laboratory-used for pre-operative and emergency blood samples and urinalysis Fully equipped consultation rooms
• Cat only clinics with cat friendly equipment
• 24hr emergency care
• Veterinary surgeons interested in chickens
• Veterinary surgeon with a GP Certificate in Small Animal Medicine
• Qualified Nurse with Behaviour Certificate
- Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Certificates are funded and supported
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.