An exciting opportunity has arisen for a float vet to cover an extremely important role to ensure the smooth running of 4-7 practices within the Cambridge area. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of environments, building relationships with the different teams and learning an array of skills. You'll be working in a mix of sole charge and multi-vet practices, dealing with routine surgeries, consultations and emergency cases.
They really want to support you with your career development and you will have access to further external specialist CPD courses and strongly believe in promoting further development and are happy to fund this.
They believe in investing in their community and pride themselves on their elevated level of client and patient care, this practice has an outstanding reputation and is proud to have established this through years of hard work within a beautifully run practice. This role is responsible for delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care to their owners. It is paramount that this role delivers client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by them. This includes making all interactions with their clients and being fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and bringing warmth to the clients.
- Full Time: Based on 45 hours per week on a rota basis of early and late shifts
- Sole Charge: within some branch practices and covering holiday, sickness
- OOH: Opportunity to cover ECC with full support as an when required
- Supported by a helpful and experienced team
Your main responsibilities:
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (Including but not limited to holding consultations and diagnosing animals, performing surgery, administering anaesthesia, undertaking scans, prescribing and euthanises where necessary)
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by them and measured via Vet KPIs. This includes making all your interactions with their clients and being fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Making sure that your work fully supports the Head Vet’s objective of ensuring the hospital runs effectively and efficiently
- TEAMWORK – Working within the Vet teams and wider hospital team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
- You will cover small animal medical and routine surgical experience
- Experienced with face to face consultations
- Previous experience in a 24-hour Emergency Critical Care Centre desirable
- Awareness of the operational aspects of the practice that affect practice profitability
- Having worked in a sole charge role as and when required
- Self-aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team
They have 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead – London and have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine.
- Salary: Vets £35,000 - £60,000 DOE
- Reviews are done every 6 months
- Full pension scheme offered
- £1,000 CPD allowance per annum, plus 5 days CPD leave pro rata
- VDS is Insurance is covered by them
- They can offer accommodation at certain sites and possibly accommodation allowance
- Staff discounts for veterinary services/products/ treatments.
- Friendly environment
- They strongly promote a friendly atmosphere in their practices, so it is a pleasant and supportive place to work.
- They will pay your fees for professional membership.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas