Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a permanent assistant veterinary surgeon to join a hugely successful and growing practice based in Ashby, Scunthorpe. Fancy big skies, sandy beaches, and far more affordable housing (and the red arrows!), how about looking in North Lincolnshire? Our client seeks an experienced vet with brilliant client and patient care.
- Hours Monday to Friday: 9.00 – 7.00
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekend rota – Saturday 9.00 – 6.00 – Sunday 10.30 – 4.30
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: will be expected at the weekends.
- OOH: None, Provided by Vetsnow
- Other: They are interested in your ideas and ensure plenty of client contact during nurse clinics.
- Free parking
Ashby has a cardiologist, a Small animal medicine cert holder and a vet with a special interest in orthopaedics. This is a great opportunity to work in a busy practice with a varied caseload and no out of hours. They have a great relationship with the Jerry Green Dog Sanctuary where one of four vets and a nurse visit once a week to carry out neutering and vaccinations at the rescue centres own surgical theatre.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a friendly team of 8 vets, nine nurses and a support team. The ideal applicant will have a minimum of one years’ experience. You will have good access to the M180 and the East Midlands international airport. Ashby is within walking distance to the town centre and only a short drive to the seaside.
This is a busy practice with all the expected toys for such a progressive practice. They have five consult rooms, two theatres, three prep areas, dental station and much more
Package & Benefits
- Package Salary range: Up to £50,000 package
- Fees: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid, BSAVA fees paid for New Graduates
- Accommodation: Happy to offer allowances up to £4800 for vets DOE
- Vehicle or Allowance: If you take a vehicle it’s tax free and worth around £4500 (petrol, insurance, MOT, tax etc are all covered); if you opt for the allowance instead, it’s £2500 in cash, but taxed
- CPD: £1500 per annum plus 3 days off, with extra certificate funding;
- Further Training: There are a fantastic team of in-house trainers who deliver customer service and communication training, how to handle difficult situations and giving/receiving feedback training – free of charge!
- Pension: Company pension scheme
- Holiday: Working life balance is of the utmost importance and offer 5 weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays. Part-time opportunities are available for most roles!
- Internal Schemes, discounts etc: Every member of staff has access to great discounts for supermarkets, shops, holidays etc (which can be very substantial!); They have their own staff cost saving scheme for pet treatment and offer great discounts on pet food. A lot of vets are also on commission, so they actively benefit from the hard work they put into the practice
- Staff related awards etc: These can be spent on a variety of goods and services!
- Career progression: Excellent career paths available employees wanting to take a different direction and progress into roles such as Lead Vets, Area Managers, College Lecturers, HVN’s, Clinical Coaches Regional Directors or, becoming part of the Practice Development team – and so much more!
- Wellbeing/Support Management: A pioneering ‘Buddy System’ is in place where every new vet is allocated a Mentor, who will look after them in the first year and ongoing support is provided from a team of close-knit Area Managers and Regional Directors, all of whom who are fully trained in dealing with mental health issues.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 6 months post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.