Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a motivated and experienced veterinary surgeon to join our clients newly refurbished and forward thinking small animal clinic based in West Kingsdown, Kent.
- Hours Monday to Friday: 9.00 – 7.00. 4 days per week.
- Weekends: 1 in 2 Saturdays or 1 in 4 full weekends - Saturday 9.00 – 6.00 – Sunday 10.30 – 4.30
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: will be expected at the weekends.
- OOH: None
- Other: They are interested in your ideas and ensure plenty of client contact during nurse clinics.
- Free parking
West Kingsdown is based in a beautiful semi-rural location with great access to Central London via the M25. West Kingsdown overlooks the Darent Valley, is close to Bluewater Shopping Centre, Brands Hatch, Lullingstone Castle & Roman Villa and other quaint local villages.
This is a two vet practice with two part time branch partners and a friendly and experienced team of nurses that are very supportive and hardworking.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to further develop their skills in medicine and/or surgery with a good case load with relevant support. The practice work to a high standard of clinical care and CPD is supported and encouraged.
You should be able to work well as part of a team as well as take responsibility for your own cases, and you will be working alongside our two very experienced part time branch partners.
The clinic is well equipped but is also located close to the 24hr centre based in Dartford where there is additional equipment such as ultrasound and endoscopy, as well as experienced veterinary surgeons willing to assist with or take on more complex cases.
Package & Benefits
- Package Salary range: Competitive DOE
- Fees: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid, BSAVA fees paid for New Graduates
- Accommodation: Happy to offer allowances up to £9,600.
- Vehicle or Allowance: If you take a vehicle it’s tax free and worth around £4500 (petrol, insurance, MOT, tax etc are all covered); if you opt for the allowance instead, it’s £2500 in cash, but taxed
- CPD: £1500 per annum plus 3 days off, with extra certificate funding;
- Further Training: There are a fantastic team of in-house trainers who deliver customer service and communication training, how to handle difficult situations and giving/receiving feedback training – free of charge!
- Pension: Company pension scheme
- Holiday: Working life balance is of the utmost importance and offer 5 weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays. Part-time opportunities are available for most roles!
- Internal Schemes, discounts etc: Every member of staff has access to great discounts for supermarkets, shops, holidays etc (which can be very substantial!); They have their own staff cost saving scheme for pet treatment and offer great discounts on pet food. A lot of vets are also on commission, so they actively benefit from the hard work they put into the practice
- Staff related awards etc: These can be spent on a variety of goods and services!
- Career progression: Excellent career paths available employees wanting to take a different direction and progress into roles such as Lead Vets, Area Managers, College Lecturers, HVN’s, Clinical Coaches Regional Directors or, becoming part of the Practice Development team – and so much more!
- Wellbeing/Support Management: A pioneering ‘Buddy System’ is in place where every new vet is allocated a Mentor, who will look after them in the first year and ongoing support is provided from a team of close-knit Area Managers and Regional Directors, all of whom who are fully trained in dealing with mental health issues.
- Clinical Support: They also have a tight internal clinical support network, with access to some fantastically skilled vets (for example, one of their surgeons is doing elbow surgery that isn’t done anywhere else in the UK), and equipment, such as their own CT and MRI units, and their very own radioiodine unit in London for hyperthyroid cats.
- MRCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 2 years post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.