A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Ophthalmology Veterinary Nurse, centred around a large state-of-the-art independent Veterinary Hospital in Derby with integrated referral and first opinion teams on a full time permanent basis, but flexible working hours are also welcome.
- Hours: Mon – Fri: Shifts between: 7.30am – 7.00pm,
- Weekends: Based on an equally shared rota - Sat: 8.30am – 6.00pm, Sun: 8.30am – 6.00pm
- OOH: None
- The role requires an individual who is organised and able to work and communicate effectively with a range of people as well as being clinically focused.
- The successful candidate will organise the ophthalmology department and team members throughout the day and liaise with other areas as required (theatre, wards, imaging).
- Client care is a large part of the role, from providing updates, to admissions to giving advice.
- They aim to offer outstanding care to both patients and their owners and great communication is essential for this and highly valued by the owners.
- There will be opportunities to assist the ophthalmologists with surgical and non-surgical procedures, and time to provide one to one care to their very important and loveable patients.
- The ophthalmology team is a friendly dynamic team that comprises a nurse, an intern and two specialist ophthalmologists who see a large range of medical and surgical cases.
- The team is dedicated to outstanding patient care and are happy to teach and help others.
- As well as working within the ophthalmology team you will be working with the theatre and in-patient care teams in their busy referral hospital as well as the wider team at the practice. There are lots of opportunities to work alongside a team of dedicated veterinary professionals.
- Cases can be discussed within the team and with the interns and residents.
- They strive to deliver world-class patient care and our fantastic facilities provide a superb care environment, including 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite, 3 ultrasound rooms, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills and dedicated chemo and radio-iodine treatment rooms define the setting.
- Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Finance, Customer Care, HR, Marketing and IT on site. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to their own first opinion vets.
- They are a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
- They have GE Vivid 7 cardiac ultrasound scanner. Hospital facilities include digital radiography, two GE abdominal ultrasound machines, C-Arm fluoroscopy, a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T MRI, five operating theatres.
Facilities / Services:
- MRI and CT Scanning
- Cancer treatment wards
- Digital Radiography
- 5 Large operating theatres
- Isolation ward
- Endoscopy suite
- And much more
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Minimum 1 year’s post grad experience
- Excellent communication skills
- £22,215 - £25,831 DOE
- Generous CPD allowance
- Regular internal CPD
- Regular morbidity and mortility rounds to improve patient outcomes
- Ongoing training in inpatient care
- Exposure to high level learning opportunities
- Pet Health Scheme
- Your birthday off work
- Increased holiday allowance with years service
- Death in service cover (4x salary)
- Practice focus on health and wellbeing
What happens next:
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities:
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.00am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas