We are looking for an experienced and dedicated night vet with a passion for emergency and critical care who enjoys working to a gold standard.
This role will involve working 26 weeks of the year on an attractive 7 nights on, 7 nights off rota with a full-time salary and benefits.
- Hours: Practice open 24 hours a day – 7 nights on 7 nights off
- Computer System: RX Works
- Sole charge: Expected
- Team: Supported by experienced day vets, nurses and support staff
- Free parking
This well-equipped, three vet and seven nurse practice has an outstanding reputation for delivering quality care based in beautiful county of Shropshire.
This purpose built practice has state-of-the-art facilities such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, hydrotherapy, three large prep rooms and three theatres.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering outstanding client and patient care. You will be a team player, who enjoys leading a team, whilst striving to grow the surgery and personal skill set with the Director’s support.
Package & Benefits
- Salary: £50,000-£60,000
- Accommodation: Up to £12,000
- Vehicle - £2500 allowance
- Fees: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid, BSAVA fees paid for New Graduates
- CPD: £1500 per annum plus 3 days off, with extra certificate funding;
- Further Training: There are a fantastic team of in-house trainers who deliver customer service and communication training, how to handle difficult situations and giving/receiving feedback training – free of charge!
- Pension: Company pension scheme
- Holiday: Working life balance is of the utmost importance and offer 5 weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays. Part-time opportunities are available for most roles!
- Internal Schemes, discounts etc: Every member of staff has access to great discounts for supermarkets, shops, holidays etc (which can be very substantial!); They have their own staff cost saving scheme for pet treatment and offer great discounts on pet food. A lot of vets are also on commission, so they actively benefit from the hard work they put into the practice
- Staff related awards etc: These can be spent on a variety of goods and services!
- Career progression: Excellent career paths available employees wanting to take a different direction and progress into roles such as Lead Vets, Area Managers, College Lecturers, HVN’s, Clinical Coaches Regional Directors or, becoming part of the Practice Development team – and so much more!
- Wellbeing/Support Management: A pioneering ‘Buddy System’ is in place where every new vet is allocated a Mentor, who will look after them in the first year and ongoing support is provided from a team of close-knit Area Managers and Regional Directors, all of whom who are fully trained in dealing with mental health issues.
- Clinical Support: They also have a tight internal clinical support network, with access to some fantastically skilled vets (for example, one of their surgeons is doing elbow surgery that isn’t done anywhere else in the UK), and equipment, such as their own CT and MRI units, and their very own radioiodine unit in London for hyperthyroid cats.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: http://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend-or-colleague/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.